• 708-485-4700
9415 Ogden Ave.
Brookfield, IL 60513
Sun - Thur 11am-12am
Fri - Sat 11am-2am
365 Days a Year

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  apdastous 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lucas Quilling
    Participant

I would love to see some arcade rhythm games at Galloping Ghost!

If you don’t know what Beatmania is, it’s what Guitar Hero was based off of. Originally Released in 1997, Beatmania is an arcade rhythm game where you use 5 keys shaped in a piano like fashion and press the keys and turn the turntable indicated by what appears on the screen. On this machine, 2 players are possible at once, since there is 2 turntables, and 2 sets of 5 keys. It is also possible in certain game modes to use both turntables and all 10 keys at once. 13 Total upgrade kits have been released, each upgrade kit “Mix” has different UI changes, and different song list.

To not confuse people, there have been sequels to the Beatmania series. The 1997 cabinet is the one I recommend. Beatmania IIDX and Beatmania III are hard to find and expensive, so I recommend the 1st type cabinet.

Here is a picture Beatmania

fascino
    Participant

Songs of Innocence and of Experience by William Blake ยท 9781529025859

apdastous
    Participant

This would be great, now that bloomingdale round one is gone there are a lot of music game players looking for a spot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.