• 708-485-4700
9415 Ogden Ave.
Brookfield, IL 60513
Sun - Thur 11am-12am
Fri - Sat 11am-2am
365 Days a Year

Home Forums Game Requests + Suggestions A few games.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Xero Bronko 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Smed
    Participant

Hi. I’m new here. Nice to meet you all.

I have a mild obsession with weird, obscure old arcade games. Because of this, I greatly enjoy coming here to your arcade.
    However, I have a few recommendations that I would love to see put into action.

1. The Parodius Series

Konami’s old Gradius spoof series. It would certainly fit in with the rest of the Japanese games you have there.

2. Bonanza Bros.

A SEGA action-y type game where you go around and steal treasures from various buildings. It was more popular in it’s Genesis/Mega Drive form, but there is indeed an arcade version out there.

3. Quartet

Another SEGA game. 4-player (or 2 depending on what version you get) action platformer with a fantastic soundtrack.

4. The Ninja Kids

Very quirky Taito beat ’em up.

5. Thunder Fox

Taito war-themed action-platformer.

6. Fantasy Zone

SEGA (notice a pattern here?) cute ’em up. Very classic.

7. Street Fighter II Rainbow Edition

Okay, this one’s kind of a stretch, but it would be very amusing if you showcased one of these somewhere. It’s essentially a strange bootleg version of Street Figther II with entertainingly broken gameplay. Google it if you’re not familliar.

8. Boogie Wings

Humorous Data East shoot ’em up with an interesting gameplay twist involving the ability to pick up objects from the ground.

9. Blue’s Journey

Very charming and fun Neo-Geo platformer game.

10. My Hero

Okay, this one’s sort of a personal preference as I have a very bizarre connection with this game. It’s a quirky platform beat ’em up by (guess who?)SEGA that takes you through three different time periods. It’s quite difficult but is very fun once you get used to it.

11. Joe & Mac

Another classic platformer game by Data East about cavemen.

12. Aggressors of Dark Kombat

Neo-Geo fighter with a sort of beat ’em up control scheme. Despite it’s blatant ripoff name, it plays fairly decent.

13. More recent games…? (MvC3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Skullgirls, etc…)

Considering that you’ve utilized modern consoles in arcade cabinets for Mortal Kombat 9/X and Killer Instinct, maybe you could try doing the same for a few other modern games?

14. Tekken 1/2

Perhaps it’s because Tekken 2 and Tag Tournament essentially outclass 1 and 2 in terms of gameplay, but I noticed a distinct lack of the games before it. Maybe you could rectify this?

15. Polybius

What self-respecting arcade doesn’t want a most likely fictitious game that brainwashes it’s players?

(Okay, that last one was obviously a joke.)

That’s about all I can think of at the moment. It would be a great honor to have at least one or two of these requests acknowledged.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  Smed.

OldTimeArcadeGuy
    Participant

I loved playing Fantasy Zone! I also enjoyed Teddy Boy, for it’s fast pace, yet simplistic style, that had pretty good action for a small amount of memory needed to run it.

fascino
    Participant

If We Were Villains : M. L. Rio : 9781250095299

Xero Bronko
    Participant

Nice pick’s. I agree, SF Rainbow edition would be an awesome addition to the GG arcade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.