• 708-485-4700
9415 Ogden Ave.
Brookfield, IL 60513
Sun - Thur 11am-12am
Fri - Sat 11am-2am
365 Days a Year

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fascino 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zookeeper
    Participant

Looking over the grand list I noticed a very cool 1985 game not there.
    Section Z
    I was wondering if the powers that be at GGA know of this game and what do they think of it?

GGA.HAN

I remember playing on console, maybe on NES? It was a pretty fun game, combining horizontal shmupping with some adventuring. I’ll see if Doc is interested in getting it for GGA – thanks for the suggestion!

zookeeper
    Participant

Cool Thank you GGA.HAN. It is very fun and very challenging. A jetpack-propelled explorer fighting his way through non-stop auto-scrolling stages. The music is awesome and sets the atmosphere for playing perfectly. It’s not easy i always remember getting worked up when i played it in the arcade eating up many coins too.
    After the first few left to right flowing boards they go verticle upwards.
    The first time i ever played it was in a arcade and it was different than any other game i had seen at that time and since then left a distinct mark in my arcade memory and is an all time favorite.
    I just looked at the NES version on Youtube and didn’t think it be too different but it was more different than I thought. The NES version really don’t do the game any justice. The first board flys on by when on the aracde version it is slower. The NES version also enlarges everything I don’t like it at all.
    If you play the arcade version you will see what i mean, much better graphics and game play.
    Section Z is also on Capcom Classics Collection for PS2 and XBOX and it is just like the arcade version.
    It was re-released on Capcom Arcade Cabinet for PS3 and Xbox 360 and looks like the arcade version on there too.
    Here is a good description i got off the internet for anyone who never played it,,
    ‘You are an astronaut sent on a mission to infiltrate an alien base. All areas inside the base are labeled after alphabet letters, starting in section A and ending in section Z. Every five sections the player must battle a boss, thefore Section Z has 5 stages with bosses awaiting in sections E, J, O, T and Z (the last stage is comprised of 6 sections). Once the game is beaten it loops in a harder difficulty.’

fascino
    Participant

Under Currents — Nora Roberts — 9781250213266

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.